- September 13: Grave book conversation at Housing Works Bookstore with Municipal Arts Society in NYC
- September 17: Grave book event at Congressional Cemetery in Washington, DC
- September 24: Grave book talk with Magic City Books in Tulsa
- October 7: Walking Tour at Green-Wood Cemetery on the Language of Flowers
- October 10: Cemetery Transit: A History of Death Riding the Rails, online with the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
- October 18: Cemetery Symbolism class with the Brooklyn Brainery
- October 21: Walking Tour at Green-Wood Cemetery on Memento Mori Symbolism
- November 14: The Transformation of the Grave, online talk with the College of Psychic Studies
I moonlight as a tour guide in New York City area cemeteries and also regularly speak about the cultural history of our spaces for the dead. My tours and talks focus on cemeteries as places of history, art, and architecture, as well as memorial sites for remembrance. Themes range from symbolism, to magic and mediums in the 19th century, to forgotten disasters. They’ve included tours Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, Evergreens Cemetery in Brooklyn, Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx, East Village cemeteries, and Hartsdale Pet Cemetery in Hartsdale, New York, as talks with the Museum of Modern Art, Brooklyn Brainery, Morbid Anatomy, and the New York Transit Museum.
If you are interested in any additional information, please send me an email. Below is some coverage from recent events.